What are the Mazda Maintenance Schedules?
Mazda Maintenance Schedules
Depending on whether your Mazda model’s “Oil Change” maintenance monitor is set to “Flexible” or “Fixed”, the maintenance schedule may differ from other models. The following are based on the status of the maintenance monitor as well as those with normal driving habits. Check out the schedules for the new Mazda3, Mazda6, and Mazda CX-5 with us today.
Mazda3 Maintenance Schedule
- On a “Flexible” oil change monitor setting: replace the oil when the wrench indicator is ON. While having the oil replaced, also have the air filter and cabin air filter replaced.
- On a “Fixed” oil change monitor setting: replace the oil every 6 months, the air filter every 30 months, and the cabin air filter every two years.
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years or at 60,000 miles / 4 years depending on the coolant type used.
- Replace spark plugs at 75,000 miles and have the tires rotated at 5,000 miles.
- Every year have the disc brakes inspected.
- Every two years inspect the fuel lines/hoses, brake lines, steering operation, front and rear suspension, driveshaft dust boot, and have the bolts and nuts tightened.
- Every three years inspect the drive belts.
- Every four years inspect the hoses and tubes for emission, exhaust system, and heat shields.
Mazda6 Maintenance Schedule
- Follow the Mazda3 schedule for yearly, bi-yearly, and three-year maintenance needs.
- Every four years inspect the hoses and tubes.
- Every five years you should inspect the exhaust system and heat shields.
- Replace the engine oil and filter when the wrench indicator is on.
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years and then at 60,000-mile intervals after the first replacement.
- Replace spark plugs with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5 every 75,000 miles and every 40,000 miles with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T.
- Rotate the tires every 7,500 miles.
Mazda CX-5 Maintenance Schedule
This schedule is the same as the Mazda6 schedule with the exception that the spark plugs with a SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T engine need replacing every 40,000 miles and every 75,000 miles on anything other than the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T engine.
Keep Up with Your Mazda Maintenance at Mazda of Gastonia
Take a look at your vehicle’s owner’s manual to find the right service schedule, then contact us at Mazda of Gastonia near Gastonia. We provide service specials and more to help you save on the maintenance your vehicle needs to run smoothly around Kings Mountain. Learn more or schedule your maintenance appointment today!
Learn More at Mazda of Gastonia
The best way to care for your new Mazda vehicle, ensuring its long life on Kings Mountain roads, is to keep up with the regular Mazda maintenance schedule. This schedule varies among models so it’s best to check with your owner’s manual for the exact mileage markers, however, there are some similarities between schedules. Learn more about…
Schedule ServiceContact Us Say you’re taking a trip from Gastonia to Kings Mountain and the dreaded “check engine” light in your instrument cluster lights up. Your stomach might turn at the thought, but don’t panic! The check engine light can signify plenty of minor issues, not just major problems. So, let’s do some troubleshooting. And if…
Schedule ServiceContact Us Rattling, clunking, grinding, oh my! What do these strange sounds mean? If you’re out driving and you hear these distinctive noises, your car may be trying to tell you something important, and they shouldn’t be ignored. Learn how these noises can affect your Kings Mountain drive and when you need to address them….