2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Safety Features Help Keep Your Loved Ones Safe
When you’re in the market for a crossover SUV, of course you want to find a vehicle with a proven track record of keeping passengers safe. You also need a quality array of safety technologies that will keep you tuned into the road and the traffic circumstances surrounding your vehicle. The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 fits the bill to a T, earning a “Top Safety Pick+” recognition from the IIHS and coming equipped with premium safety tech like i-ACTIVSENSE®. Enjoy safety, security, and peace of mind inside this compact crossover SUV, on sale now at Momentum Mazda in Gastonia, NC.
Using advanced camera and radar technologies, i-ACTIVSENSE® gives you a better sense of the area around you and helps mitigate the chances or potential impact of a collision. Features include:
- Blind Spot Monitoring – This feature produces an audible chime and visual warning in the side view mirror if there is a vehicle in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Working in conjunction with the Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert warns you if a vehicle is quickly approaching from behind in another lane.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System – Enjoy a better view of the road up ahead without having to worry about blinding other drivers with this system, which automatically turns your bright lights on and off depending on whether traffic is present.
- Smart City Brake Support/Smart Brake Support – For use at city speeds and highways speeds, respectively, these systems are able to measure the distance between you and an object in front of you, warn you to brake, and intervene by automatically braking if you should fail to do so.
- Distance Recognition Support System – This adaptive cruise control feature automatically helps maintain a safe distance between your car and the car in front of you.
Top Safety Rating from the IIHS
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 its top safety score of Top Safety Pick+ thanks to its excellent performance in a variety of rigid crash safety tests. In fact, the Mazda CX-5 earned the top score of “Good” in every crashworthiness test, including:
- Small overlap front
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof strength
- Head restraints & seats
Take Your Family Home in the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
When it comes time to choose your next crossover, we know that, above all, you want one that will keep you and all of your passengers safe. The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 is ready to do just that with its premium suite of driver assistance features for heightened awareness and assistance on the road. Come check out the new CX-5 at Momentum Mazda, located at 4811 Wilkinson Blvd in Gastonia, NC, just 30 minutes east of Shelby and 10 minutes southwest of Mt. Holly. When you’re ready to set up a test drive, contact us at (704) 824-7777.